We’ve got a few months of winter ahead of us yet, so no one can blame you for daydreaming about building your dream pool this spring. Although construction won’t begin for awhile yet, there are still things you can do to start the project off on the right foot. In this blog, the pool experts at Green Collar Landscaping outline 3 things you MUST do before building your dream pool.
1. Check Your Local Zoning Rules and Bylaws
With inground pools in particular, you’ll need to check your local zoning rules and bylaws to confirm what restrictions are in place. Setback requirements and the amount of space the pool can use will vary by municipality, and you’ll want to be sure that:
- Digging the foundation won’t damage any underground pipes.
- The pool fencing won’t restrict access to utility meters, hydro meters, and furnace oil filler pipes.
When you hire a pool installer, they will explain anything else you need to know about complying with local rules.
2. Choose Between a Fibreglass or Vinyl Pool
Your inground pool choices are fibreglass and vinyl.
- Fibreglass pools are hardcrafted, in-mold pools that arrive at your home ready to be installed in your backyard. They’re incredibly sturdy and will provide years of service with very little maintenance. If you’re thinking about a saltwater pool, fibreglass is your best option because it won’t be corroded by exposure to salt.
- Vinyl pools are less expensive than their fibreglass counterparts, making pool ownership more affordable for many homeowners. They come in various sizes and shapes, so they’re super-easy to customize. On the down side, you are looking at replacing the pool liner every eight to 10 years, depending on where you live and how well you maintain your pool.
If you’re not sure which type of pool is right for your backyard, your Ontario pool installer can make the right recommendation for your goals.
3. Consider the Backdrop
Know what will make building your dream pool even more spectacular? Planning an equally breathtaking pool backdrop!
When you started thinking about building a new pool, you probably looked at a lot of pictures for inspiration. What did they all have in common? A gorgeous backdrop like a lush garden, trendy wooden fence, outdoor kitchen, or blazing sunset.
Talk to your pool installer about additional landscaping and hardscaping services for the area surrounding the pool. You can make your backyard even more spectacular by adding a flower garden, sauna or hot tub, outdoor grill, and mood lighting. You’ll want to do a staycation every summer!
Start Building Your Dream Pool Now!
When you want to transform your yard with a luxurious swimming pool, Green Collar Landscaping goes beyond the installation alone. We can make sure the pool blends into the surrounding landscape, provide suggestions for an ideal backdrop, and in general make sure that building your dream pool is a smooth experience from start to finish. For more information about our pool installation and landscaping services or to book a no-obligation consultation, call 289-339-1364.