If you, or someone you know, is looking for a rewarding career, please check out our current career opportunities below and apply via our application form.
Currently available positions
- spring and fall clean-up of lawns
- mowing commercial properties
- pruning shrubs and small trees
- operating machinery, such as zero-turn mowers, stand-on mowers, grass trimmers, hedge trimmers & backpack blowers
- experience working in the landscape industry (an asset but willing to train)
- valid driver’s license an asset (clean abstract)
- snow removal experience an asset
- diplomas/certification in the industry will be considered an asset
- must have own transportation to shop
Expected start date: 2021-04-01
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $17.00-$25.00 per hour
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- This position will be responsible for leading a crew of 2 labourers.
- Responsible for the safety and training of crew members, and for ensuring the productivity of the assigned crew.
- Supervise and coordinate the day-to-day work of the project to ensure it is completed on time, on budget, and to the client’s full satisfaction.
- Follow and comply with all company policy and safety regulations.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- A Minimum of 5 years experience in landscape construction preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of the industry, health, and safety regulations.
- Experience must cover working with and installing concrete pavers/slabs, retaining walls, grading, steps, etc.
- Must have the ability to read supplied plans, set grades, etc…
- Should have experience with various equipment and tools of the trade. eg mini ex, skid steers, tampers, concrete saw, etc.
- Must be able to motivate crew and keep them on schedule.
- Must have a strong focus on customer service.
- Must have a valid G driver’s license and a clean abstract
- Class A (R) or DZ license considered an asset.
- Must have personal transportation to our shop in Ancaster.
Salary: $18.00-$35.00 per hour
Duties and Functions:
- Must be able to work Monday to Friday
- Valid G-class license and clean driving record
- Proficient and knowledgeable in fiberglass pools Installations
- Construction experience when it comes to in-ground swimming pools, landscaping, and outdoor living spaces
- Demonstrate leadership and be responsible to maintain a clean and safe job site
- Plan, implement and manage construction tasks in accordance with priorities and goals
- Focus on meeting and exceeding targets and goals
- Excellent communication with customers regarding job schedules, progress, change orders, and the overall status of the project
- Must have strong customer service skills
- Candidate must work well independently and with our team
- Set an example of excellent workmanship
- Have experience running a crew/foreman position
- Ready to work in most weather conditions
- Experience with concrete/formwork, piping, plumbing, and general construction (gas an asset)
- Knowledge in operating various hand tools
- Knowledge operating small equipment (skid steers and mini excavators)