During the cold and often dreary month of February, a three-day weekend can give you and your family the boost you need while you wait for spring. If you haven’t yet made plans for this upcoming Family Day 2022 weekend, Green Collar Landscaping has compiled a list of activities in the areas we service with landscaping and snow removal. Hope to see you at some of them!
- Family Day Model Train Show: The Hamilton Museum of Steam & Technology and the Golden Horseshoe Live Steamers will host a model train show in the 1913 Electric Pumphouse. Tickets for the event, which runs on February 21 between 12:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m, are free but in limited quantities, so pre-registration is required.
- Winterfest Grab-and-Go Activity Kits: As part of Hamilton Winterfest celebrations, the Hamilton Civic Museums are offering free “grab-and-go” activity kits for kids! The kit will include supplies for crafts, activities, and experiments from several Hamilton Civic Museums. If you would like to reserve a kit, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate whether you would like to pick it up at the Hamilton Museum of Steam & Technology or the Dundurn Castle Gift Shop.
- Cootes Paradise Marsh Ice Skating: Skate along the ice while enjoying the natural beauty of the marsh at the Princess Point area of the Royal Botanical Gardens. Admission is free, although non-RBG members have to pay $10 for parking.
- Winterlit – An Illuminated Walk in the Woods: Enjoy the Illuminated Sugar Bush Trail in the Mountsberg Conservation Area and then make your way to the Winterlit Trail for an experience that has a little extra sparkle. Buy tickets online.
- Fun at Treewalk Village: Visit the tree house village at Binbrook Conservation Area. Climb between tree houses through nets, hammocks, and wood bridges 8 feet high! Slide to the ground, play on treewee obstacle courses, and enjoy other forest games. Tickets range in price from $10-$22. Book here.
- Under the Canopy: Discover the world’s major rainforests, meet some of the animals that call them home, and learn how your life is connected to rainforest ecosystems. Event is held February 4 – May 1 at the Royal Botanical Gardens.
- True or False? The Fun Science Exhibition: Using their reasoning skills, visitors will be able to discern fact from fiction on a variety of topics during this stimulating exhibition, which is held at the Joseph Brant Museum. Pre-pay your admission and book your time slot here.
- Oakville Museum at Erchless Estate: Visit the Oakville Museum to enjoy a family crafting session, an Oakville Black History exhibit, and multimedia presentation on the Underground Railroad! This free event for all ages runs on February 21 from 1:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Splash’N Boots LIVE: This musical duo is bringing their 20-year legacy of children’s music to new generations with a fresh set of songs. They are appearing live at the Oakville Centre for Performing Arts on February 21. Tickets are available for just
- $10 each for the in-person performance while virtual attendance is free.
- Harmony Square: Join Harmony Squirrel for a half hour of games, songs, and stories on Saturday, February 19, starting at 10:00 a.m. Please register by emailing email@example.com. Registration closes on Friday, February 18 at 4:00 p.m. Families can also skate over to the outdoor ice rink open daily from 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., weather permitting.
Have a Great Family Day Weekend!
Green Collar Landscaping would like to wish everyone a safe and happy Family Day weekend! Enjoy these events, and if your plans for spring include a new pool or beautifully-landscaped yard, we can work with you to make it happen. For more information or to receive a free estimate, please contact us!